Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

RECAP: American Idol Finale ~ Casey James Performs with Bret Michaels

Casey James having the time of his life, rocking with Bret Michaels.

Bret Michaels shocked everyone watching him perform on "American Idol's" Finale but maybe shocked his doctors even more.

Michaels stood on stage with his guitar on hand where he was sang "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" with Idol contestant, Casey James.

According to UsMagazine, a not 100% healthy Michaels said, "The doctors, I didn't tell them I was going to do this. I never told them I was coming here. They're going to find out in a few minutes!" Michaels also went on to add that he may have not told his family either.

Just last week, the 47-year-old rocker suffered a warning stroke and hole in his heart, and also recently suffered a brain hemmorage in April.

Michaels may not be a 100% physically healthy but said in his "soul and my heart, I feel great."

Michaels who was excited to perform also said, "I needed to do this tonight, just to come here. Michaels later added,

my heart was pumping. I got on stage, first of all, the fans and friends and family were all here. It was such an awesome feeling to see everyone screaming and cheering and singing along with the song. I was like, 'Hey, thats three generations out there, thats all Ive wanted to do is have a great music career and to be able to do that, 20-some years later, thats a great feel."

Don't think this will be his last performance for awhile, the Poison frontman is aiming for an upcoming show in Bioloxi, MI where he's going to "see how that goes and just take it a few shows at a time."

Michaels is expected to undergo heart surgery in the fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment