Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

Casey James ~ The Exclusive Hollyscoop Interview (video)

Casey James to Follow in Carrie Underwood's Footsteps
American Idol’s Casey James is not on eye candy, he’s a really great musician! Hollyscoop got EXCLUSIVE one-on-one time with him, and he talked all about playing with Bret Michaels, the Idol tour, and his foray into country music.

James captured our hearts with his messy blonde hair and cute dimples, but he really impressed with his improvements each week, which eventually landed him in the top three finalists this season.

American Idol Contestants to Go Shirtless on Tour?

But one of the highlights of the whole season happened on the last night, when James got the opportunity to perform with Bret Michaels. Casey told us, “It was amazing because he’s somebody I always listened to, he’s a legend. And somebody like that you just dont expect them to be super nice guy and he is. He’s got an amazing and great attitude. He’s got a great personality. And so it was amazing and to feel the energy of the crowd when he walked out after everything he has gone through. For me to b eon the stage at that moment was overwhelming and something I will never forget."

He may not have won it all, but Casey is on tour this summer with the other 9 finalists, and they were given a lot of freedom with song choice. “It’s huge we get to pick our own songs,” James told Hollyscoop EXCLUSIVELY. “There will be stuff from the show as well as stuff that wasn’t on the show.”


American Idol Going Down Next Season

And though James has been hard at work on some original songs, he tells us those won’t be performed on tour. “Unfortunately we’re not doing any originals on the tour but it’s going to be great stuff,” he explained. “I’m going to be doing a set that I picked. It’s full songs, I’m playing guitar and everyone is going to be having a blast. So I can’t wait to do it. “

As for post- tour? Casey is ready to begin his career, and we hear he’s following in fellow Idol Carrie Underwood’s footsteps by going country!

“Here’s the deal,” James told us. “I’m talking to Sony in Nashville, and if things work out there, which I am hope that they do, it is a big wide open space in that room and what I do will fit. But it wont be traditional country by any means. It’s going to be me playing and singing doing what I do. And that will just be where I fit, I think.”

He continued, “I grew up listening to George Jons, Merle Haggard, Waylon & Willie, and all those guys. So it’s like it’s a big part of who I am. And any time I play an acoustic set I’m going to play at least half of it will be straight up country. That’s who I am. I’m from Texas, it’s never going to change.”

Sounds like Casey is on the right track! What’s interesting is that we’re more into what Casey is up to than the winner Lee DeWyze and runner-up Crystal Bowersox! Just goes to show you don’t have to win the competition to be a success! Check out our EXCLUSIVE interview with Casey below!

HOLLYSCOOP EXCLUSIVE
June 21, 2010 by: Bridget Daly

No comments:

Post a Comment